What are the builders doing in October?
Recent tours up onto the roof have highlighted how much has changed on site and produced some very interesting photos.
- Reconstruction of the south wing continues to progress with the parapet walls now starting to be rebuilt.
- The repointing of the south wing is all well advanced. (see picture below).
- At ground level the west forecourt door has been reconstructed (see picture below).
- The Bauder membrane is continuing to be laid. (see picture below).
- A crane was here on the 1 October to lift the granite lintels back onto the lantern light on the south wing of the building.
- The contractor is still on schdule to complete the south wing at the end of the year.
- Next March our interpretation within the castle will completely change so make sure that you visit us soon.